Welcome to the J2Gether Mentors Portal. J2gether is also about teen leadership! – Take your learning to the next level by training and becoming a J2Gether mentor. Leadership participants (grades 10-12) will have the chance to work with students in grades 3 – 7, putting into practice all of the skills and knowledge of J2Gether. J2Gether is a project of @akiva, the teen engagement branch of the Jewish Education Center of Cleveland. As a partner agency of the Jewish Federation of Cleveland, we have a number of steps that must be taken for all individuals prior to beginning their role as a mentor. This includes:
- Register online for the mentorship program (use the form below)
- Complete the online Waiver (use the link below)
- Attend training seminar with the @akiva staff which will last approximately one hour, and will be scheduled at your convenience (contact Samantha at 516-817-2854 to schedule the training).
- Submit to a background check which will include fingerprinting, to be completed at the Jewish Family Services Association (contact Tina at 216-409-2823 for more information).
- Complete the online Abuse Awareness Training workshop (contact Tina at 216-409-2823 to receive link to the training)
- Some mentors may be required to complete Jewish Education Center Personnel paperwork, and a Consultant’s agreement (contact Tina at 216-409-2823 to discuss it).
Once you have completed these steps, we will go over protocols for communication with teens, parents, and the @akiva team, as well as operating procedures for each course you run.
Also below you can find lessen plans to J2gether offering. This is for you to use while working with your mentees.